Some Premier League Games For Free-to-air


Liverpool players Trent Alexander-Arnold (left) and James Milner (right) take part in non-contact training at Melwood

Dowden while addressing the press during the daily government breifing, said he thought there could be a "win-win situation" regarding the broadcasting plans for the rest of the Premier League season, with some games shown free-to-air.

He said that not having the TV blackout at 3pm on a Saturday allowed for a "degree of flexibility" in how matches are shown.

"That creates an opportunity for us to be able to get some sport, some Premier League free-to-air," he said. "Those discussions are ongoing, I'm having productive discussions a couple of weeks ago, now I had the latest one with Premier League, the EFL and with the FA.

"I hope we can sort this out and I also hope then we can get some more money going into the sport of football. I think we could find ourselves in a win-win situation."

Comments